Life Is Too Damn Short

It has been a minute since I've blogged and I apologize for that but I was super unmotivated and uninspired and quite honestly depressed. I was beating myself up telling myself things like you're not good at anything, you're worthless, and you'll be stuck as a head cashier for the rest of your life. Not only was I making myself feel like shit but my dog recently passed away and my heart felt like it got ripped out of my chest and stomped on a thousand times. If you don't know this about me already I value animal lives more than humans (sometimes) but as soon as my dog passed away this sudden realization came to me that life is too short to be unhappy and not do the things I wanna do.

For so long I've been putting things off because it didn't feel like the right time or I was too scared to reach out for the things that I wanted. Fear is a shitty thing because it keeps us from doing so many things but responsibility is just as bad. Unfortunately, we will always have responsibilities that we will need to uphold like car payments, rent, and jobs but how we choose to spend our time when we don't have to be responsible is key to our happiness. Whenever I find myself having free time I spend it alone binge watching tv shows which is fun but it's getting to the point where I feel like I'm wasting my time. Lately, I've been trying to reach out more and connect with people and do things that I wanna do. For example, I just went out with my aunt the other day and I got my nose pierced and that's something I've been wanting to do for some time now and because I reached out to my aunt to come with me I ended up spending the day with her and meeting some new people. I got to step outside my comfort zone and let my hair down, usually, I'm too nervous to speak to anyone new but I pushed myself and said "You're gonna go out and have a good time" and that's exactly what I did. I've also been hanging out with my friends from work and it's different from being in a work environment you get to know them so much more and have actual enjoyment with these people outside of your job and I feel like you can make the of best friends at your place of work because these are the people you see almost daily and these are the people you find yourself going to when you have problems, work friends are amazing and I definitely recommend hanging out with them outside of work.

Not only have I been stepping outside of my comfort zone and hanging out with people more but I've been chasing after my goals and things I'd like to accomplish. For example, I've always wanted to make videos on youtube but I was always too scared of what people would think of me but I decide to start posting videos and it's been such a fun thing for me and I wish I would've started doing it sooner! I've also been wanting to do yoga and meditate every day and lately, I've been incorporating those things into my daily life and my mental health feels like it's improving each time. I've been taking the time out of each day to do the things I love and reinvent myself into the person I've always wanted to be instead of the shell of a person who only sat inside all day and watched tv or slept all day until I had to go into work. I'm doing the things that make my life worth living and I'm feeling happier each day that I accomplish a new yoga pose, or clear my mind of negativity, or post a new video or blog post.

Life is too damn short and we should all be chasing the things we love and changing our lives so we have happiness every day and feel a sense of accomplishment and be able to truly enjoy our lives even through the bad moments. Don't let your fears take control of your life and make sure you live the life you want to live because if you don't you're only going to end up with regrets and misery and that's no way to live. 



Comments

Popular Posts